29 AIP (Auto Immune Protocol) Paleo Breakfast Ideas
This post contains some affiliate links. This means that if you click through and decide to make a purchase, I might receive a small commission that goes towards keeping the blog running. Thank you for your support.
Ok. Let's talk breakfast. Eggs, blueberry muffins, coffee, cereal, toast, croissants... lovely. Except when you're on the auto immune protocol, a diet designed to help heal your body and reduce the symptoms of autoimmune disease, you're not allowed any of this.
1. Coconut milk smoothie made from a 400ml can of coconut milk, a handful of frozen blueberries, and half a banana. Add a dash of vanilla extract if you're ok with that, too.
2. AIP Banana and Coconut Pancakes
3. Pork and Leek Patties
4. Beef patties
5. Chicken soup - made from simmering leftover shredded chicken, spring onion, ginger, garlic and greens in chicken broth.
6. Leftover meats with vegetables - like sliced meatloaf, meatballs, roasted meats, patties etc.
7. AIP Breakfast Porridge
8. Green Plantain Pancakes
9. Beef Liver Paté with stir-fried greens
10. AIP Plantain wraps - just roll up with your favourite filings and out the door you go
11. Paleo Autoimmune Granola
12. Streaky bacon, half an avocado and stir-fried veggies - try grated courgette (zucchini) and carrot fried in a little coconut oil until softened and seasoned with salt
13. Breakfast Hash - this pork, sweet potato and red onion hash is perfect for breakfast as it has a slight sausage flavour thanks to the pinch of mace. Use your favourite minced meat - turkey and chicken work well, too.
14. Ginger Chicken with Courgette Noodles
15. Quick Bramley Apple Pie Pudding
16. Frozen Berries with Whipped Coconut Cream
17. Salmon fillet pan-fried in coconut oil with stir-fried vegetables and avocado.
18. Leftover cooked roasted shredded chicken with greens, avocado and a ladleful of freshly made chicken broth (this is my favourite breakfast the morning after I put a crockpot on to make bone broth overnight).
19. AIP Macaroons - One thing you miss on AIP is the convenience of grabbing a croissant out of the packet if you're in a real rush first thing in the morning. These macaroons are lovely - I've made them - and are handy for when you just need to get out of the door quickly, or keep you going with a bite until you can cook something more substantial
20. Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes - I'd have one just to keep me going if I was in a rush - but you'd still have to eat something 'proper' later on...
21. AIP Argentine Puchero - or any leftover stew - just spoon any leftovers of this into a bowl and reheat - you won't be hungry again until lunchtime - no snacking required!
22. Smoked salmon with salad greens, olive oil and avocado
23. AIP Cookies - this recipe includes chocolate chips - just leave them out for an AIP-compliant cookie to have handy for a quick bite in the morning before you can get proper breakfast started
24. Vegetable soup - just veggies fried with onion and then blitzed with hot stock - a good way to get broth into your diet
25. Leftover shredded cooked meat, bacon, mushrooms, spring onion and courgettes - to make a small stir-fry, perfect for a quick veggie-packed breakfast
26. Prawns/shrimp/crayfish salad with lettuce, sliced avocado - with an apple cider and olive oil dressing if you like
27. Flaked cooked salmon with raw spinach leaves, olive oil and black olives
28. Green Smoothie - made with kale, apple celery - lots of recipes for these online (just make sure they're AIP compliant and don't contain yoghurt)
29. Butternut Squash, Kale, Ground Beef Breakfast Bowl - this recipe includes garam masala and curry spices - just omit the spices as they're not AIP compliant, and use a pinch of mace and dried thyme instead.
On AIP? What are your favourite breakfasts to add to this list?
Want to have over a hundred great AIP recipes in your hands within seconds? The ebook Best of AIP 2016 is now out - A whopping 120 AIP recipes from all your favourite bloggers (including me!). Perfect to kick start your AIP cooking journey or just inspire you to try new things. And they've all been given the OK by Dr Sarah Ballantyne herself. Go have a look here!
Looking for more AIP breakfast recipe ideas? Have a look at this AIP community cookbook, 85 Amazing AIP Breakfasts, available to download now.