Tomato and Ditalini Pasta Soup (Also Gluten-Free)
Just to let you know, this post was written before I started the paleo diet to help ease my psoriasis. Nowadays I eat a more allergy-friendly diet, but leave these older, non-paleo posts up in case they are useful to readers, as I know not everyone eats the same as I do. Thanks for your understanding.
Tomato and Ditalini Pasta Soup
- glug of olive oil
- 2 chunky cloves garlic, chopped
- 400g fresh tomatoes (cherry, plum, whatever you have)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 700ml chicken stock
- pinch of caster sugar
- 200g ditalini, or other small-shaped pasta
- large bunch of basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan and throw in the garlic cloves and onion, until they've softened. Roughly chop the tomatoes and add these to the pan, stirring for a few minutes.
- Pour in the stock, season with salt and pepper and a pinch of caster sugar. Slosh in a tablespoon of the red wine vinegar.
- Once the soup is bubbling, tip in the ditalini and cook for about 10 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Stir the soup occasionally to make sure the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When everything's tender and cooked through, scatter in the basil and serve immediately, with some crusty bread to mop up the juices.
What are your favourite soups?