Comfort Bites' Comfort Food Challenge #3: Vegetarian
Just to let you know, this post was written before I went fully paleo to help ease my psoriasis. Nowadays I eat a more allergy-friendly diet, but leave these older, non-paleo posts up in case they are useful to readers, as I know not everyone eats the same as I do. Thanks for your understanding.
We're always being told we should eat less meat. And, as we're in the depths of winter, it's all too easy to beef up on meaty stews, slow-cooked roasts and chicken thighs with crispy skin when it's freezing and frosty outside. But what about the veggies?
- Curries, soups, cheesy bakes, stir-fries, veggie burgers, Glamorgan-style sausages - I want to hear them all.
- Have a think about your childhood - was there a dish that you always enjoyed then and that still reminds you of a loved one today?
- Imagine it's cold, foggy and raining outside. You've spent all day at work. What vegetarian dish would you eat while you snuggled up on the sofa?
- Dishes for different diets (AIP, Paleo, Gluten-free, Vegan) are all welcome here, just make sure it would be suitable for vegetarians.
- Please blog a vegetarian recipe, that is comforting to you, and email me with the link to the post, your name, and an image that I can use in the roundup, where I'll also link back to you. Your blog post must link back to this page and include the event badge (above).
- All entries must be received by 26th February 2014.
- You can re-blog an old recipe if you like, but please ensure that you include the badge and links as above in your new post, and mention the challenge in the text.
- Please don't copy and paste recipes from cookbooks or elsewhere on the internet to enter - recipes must be your own. Please abide by copyright laws.
I can't wait to see what you come up with - let's help inspire each other with some real, home-cooked comfort food. I'll be posting my entry soon. Remember, when you post, do share it on Twitter by tweeting me @joromerofood with #comfortfoodchallenge. I'll retweet any that I see. You can also share it on the blog's Facebook page, too.
Look forward to it!
Look forward to it!