I slid the finished burger under a hot grill for a few seconds and the cheese softened but didn't really melt - but it tastes amazing and we loved it. I hope if you make it that you like it too!
|Blacksticks Blue Burger with Guinness Dipping Sauce|
Blacksticks Blue Burger with Guinness Dipping Sauce
- 400g good quality minced beef
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 4 sesame buns, split
- crunchy lettuce (Romaine, little gem etc)
- 40g Blacksticks Blue cheese
- Small red onion
For the dip:
- 200ml Guinness
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour, dissolved in 1 tbsp cold water
- Put the mince in a mixing bowl and crack in the egg. Mix with your hands - but not too much - and form into 4 patties, all the same size. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Put a dry frying pan on a high heat. Add the burgers and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat the olive oil in a small pan and fry the onion and garlic until softened. Stir in the Guinness, soy sauce and brown sugar and leave, bubbling, for about 3 minutes. Pour in the cornflour and water mixture and stir immediately. The sauce will thicken. Taste, adding a little more salt if you need to and set to one side, keeping it warm.
- Serve your cooked burgers in the split sesame rolls, spread with a little mayonnaise - along with the lettuce, chunks of Blacksticks Blue and a slice of red onion. Eat with crispy fries and some of the warm dipping sauce alongside.
What are your favourite burger recipes?