Firstly, I was near-ecstatic to find that the Persian Chicken Stew that I tried at the kiosk was in the book, full of shredded chicken, pomegranate molasses and sour cherries. There honestly is something for everyone in here - from British beef and ale stew to Thai green chicken curry. There's a massaman curry, stews with chorizo and chickpeas and - well, basically loads of stuff. If you're a fan of one-pot dinners, and good soothing comfort food you won't want to miss out on this.
The tone of the book is relaxed - you feel as if Alan Rosenthal is chatting with you as you read through it - and as well as over 80 of his recipes, he lets us in on the reasons he started Stewed! and how it has progressed. There are also handy tips in there, such as which cuts of meat work best in stews and which ones to avoid to get the right texture and flavour in your meal. The photography is colourful, atmospheric and just makes you want to eat. If you are bored of the usual stew and curry recipes doing the rounds do check it out - there is so much inspiration in here to perk up your dinner times.
Here's how to win:
All you have to do is leave a comment below (click on the Rafflecopter widget to register your comment into the giveaway) and tell me what is your favourite one-pot meal. It can be a curry, chunky soup or stew - basically anything, as long as it's cooked in one pot. You can get extra entries for Facebook and Twitter 'likes' and follows. Do remember though that entries will be verified so please don't register your entry on the Rafflecopter widget if you haven't followed those instructions. Any false entries will be disqualified.
- The giveaway prize is one Stewed! cook book, worth £15.99.
- The closing date for all entries is Saturday 26th May, 2012.
- You must enter your comment, follows, Facebook likes etc onto the Rafflecopter widget below. Entries will be verified.
- The winner of the cook book will be chosen at random by Rafflecopter and will be contacted within 24 hours of the close of the competition. If the winner does not respond within 7 days then an alternative winner will be chosen (so please check your emails/Twitter/Facebook messages!)
- The book will be posted to a UK mainland address only.
Thank you, and good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway