Pan Fried Salmon and Creamy Leeks Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 leeks, split in half lengthways, washed well and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 300ml dry, white wine
- knob of butter
- swirl of single cream
- salt and pepper, to season
- Heat a large frying pan and melt a small knob of butter. When it's melted, throw in the chopped leeks and garlic and cook gently for about 5-7 minutes, until the leeks have started to soften.
- Pour in the wine, and leave to bubble for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pan fry the salmon. Heat a little olive oil in a separate pan and lay in the salmon fillet, skin side down. Leave there for about 5 minutes - you'll see the salmon cooking throughout the fillet. Once the salmon skin is crisp, and you can see the fish has started to turn opaque up to the middle of the fillet, turn it over and cook on the other side for a few more minutes, until it's just cooked.
- Go back to the leeks. Swirl a few tablespoons of the single cream into the leek and wine mixture and season with salt and lots of black pepper. Spoon the creamy leeks onto a serving plate and serve with the pan fried salmon.