Eggs and chorizo go so well together, often served up together for a Spanish-style breakfast. You can't beat that silky yolk mixing with the smoky flavour of the paprika-stained chorizo. It's just so full of flavour. And so I baked eggs with chorizo, tomatoes and a tiny little grating of cheese. This works as a brilliant lunch or breakfast - I cooked the egg until the yolk was set, but adjust the timings to suit you. And it's also a great way to use up any ends of chorizo left in the fridge, cutting down on waste.
Chorizo and Tomato Baked Eggs
- 1 egg
- small piece of chorizo, about the length of your thumb
- 1 tomato
- Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling over
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and butter a small ramekin.
- Chop the chorizo and tomato and place in the bottom of the ramekin. Crack in an egg, and then grate over a tiny amount of Parmesan cheese. Season with black pepper if you like, but you won't need any salt, as the chorizo is salty enough.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 12-15 minutes.
This post is an entry for the #ShortcutEggsperts Linky Challenge sponsored by British Lion Eggs. Learn more and find recipes at www.eggrecipes.co.uk
For more egg main meal ideas visit: http://www.eggrecipes.co.uk/recipe-category/main-meal-recipes