Dr. Oetker Mini Chocolate and Cheesecake Cupcakes
Makes 48 Mini Cupcakes (using tiny petit four sized cases)
- 125g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- ½ tsp Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
- 40g cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 120mls water
- 25g vegetable oil
- 1.5tsp white vinegar
- 25g Dr. Oetker White Chocolate chopped into small pieces, frozen for at least 4 hours
- 200g light cream cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
- 25g extra dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces then frozen for at least 4 hours
- Dr. Oetker White Designer Icing
- Dr. Oetker Chocolate Designer Icing
- Dr. Oetker Petit Four Cases
1. Using an electric hand mixer or wooden spoon combine all the ingredients (except frozen chocolate) for the chocolate layer and mix till smooth.
2. Stir in the chocolate pieces, and place 1/2 tsp of mixture into each paper case.
3. Clean the electric mixer blades. Then combine all the ingredients for the cheesecake layer, except the chocolate pieces, mixing until smooth.
4. Stir in the chocolate pieces and place ½ tsp of the mixture into the paper cases on top of the chocolate mixture.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean and they are firm to touch on top.
- Insert a fine rosette nozzle into a piping bag.
- Carefully squeeze Dr. Oetker White Designer Icing into one side of the bag.
- Next squeeze Dr. Oetker Chocolate Designer Icing into the other side of bag to produce a two-tone effect in the icing when piped.
- Ensure cakes are cooled completely before icing.
Cupcakes will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Thanks to Dr Oetker for this recipe.
For more baking ideas, you might also want to look here, or visit the Dr Oetker Facebook Page for more recipes and to stay updated.