|Author Gina Meyers with some Butterbeer!|
I'm so excited about this book. As you know, I love to go a bit over the top at Halloween, making my own 'teeth and worms' cupcakes and Slime Soup. But it's not a patch on what Gina Meyers has created - an entire cookbook with a Harry Potter theme. And I'm even more excited because she's allowed me to show you three recipes from the book. What I love about it is that it isn't just baking and sweets - there are dishes such as Hagrid's Hearty Potatoes au Gratin and Potter Stew as well as sweet treats including Rock Cakes and Caldron Cakes. So it's great for weekday meals, special occasions and parties too.
Here are three recipes for a taster of what's in the book: Rock Cakes, Butterbeer and Frog's Eye Salad. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup of margarine
- 3/4 cup of confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Food coloring-optional
- Chocolate pieces, peanut butter chips, nuts, cherries.
- 2 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- 2 Tablespoons of butterscotch syrup
- 1 bottle of cold cream soda or ginger ale
- ½ lb. package Acinidi Pepe (small round ball pasta)
- 1 egg
- half a cup Sugar
- 1 15oz. can crushed pineapple tidbits (drain pineapple and reserve juice)
- 1 20oz. can fruit cocktail
- 1 cup cool whip
- 1/3 cup of pineapple juice
- 1 Tbs. of flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
To find out more about Gina Meyers, visit her Amazon Profile. Autographed copies of From Muggles to Magic, as well as information on her other books including Love at First Bite, The Unofficial Twilight Cookbook are available on her website.