You don't ever need an excuse I suppose for rich chocolate brownies, but just in case you did, it's Father's Day this weekend! And I've been sent this rich, chocolatey brownie recipe by the Flour Advisory Bureau. A great way to treat Dad this weekend (or any day, really!).
- 125g plain chocolate
- 150g butter
- 285g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla
- 150g mini marshmallows
- 100g chocolate chips
- 125g plain flour
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180C.
- Grease a baking tray or even a large rectangular casserole with a little butter or spray oil.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a pan over a low heat.
- Remove from heat, add sugar and beat till it dissolves.
- Add eggs one at the time, then vanilla, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Stir in flour and pour into tin.
- Place in oven, cook at Gas Mark 4/180C for 30 minutes.
- A skewer or small knife placed in the middle should come out almost clean. Be careful not to overcook or it will become too chewy. Cool in dish, cut into squares and dust with icing sugar. Alternatively, you can serve with chocolate or caramel sauce and marshmallows on the side.
305 Kcal, fat 13.6g, saturated fat 8.1g, salt 0.2g, carbohydrate 45g, sugar 36.7, fibre 0.6g